Excited intentions fill the new year air. I wonder how your resolutions are faring now come the middle of January?
Cooking, eating, selecting food, sitting down to eat, all are daily practices. Just like any stretching, yoga or meditation practice. You are probably eating at least 3 times a day, so that’s already 21 opportunities to practice healthy eating just this week.
For your radiance to emerge and grow, I invite you to taste the foods of health on a daily basis. Regard each day afresh. What happened yesterday is gone and tomorrow’s dining has not yet happened. Today is when your practice is manifesting change.
Here are 8 ways to help your new year healthy eating resolutions stick:
- Start with small, realistic changes
Perhaps breakfast can be tailored more towards health. Or lunch choices amended. Aim for changes you can realistically practice.
- The items you avoid pave great transformation
You know the culprits. Sugar, processed foods, alcohol, caffeine. Pick the one or ones that speak to you.
- Stock up
I am forever speaking about stocking up. It makes such a difference to have a variety of healthful ingredients on tap. Just today my bulk order arrived and although I haven’t used any of the produce yet, I feel such bounty that my cupboards are brimming.
- Set aside time
Commit time to your new practice. Time to read, cook, shop and eat.
- Green portion
Add freshness to your diet with one serving of leafy greens a day. Enjoy your greens as a salad, in a smoothie, juiced, blanched, steamed, boiled, fried or baked. Or as part of my lovely Soba Noodle Bowl with Cavelo Nero & Ginger Miso Dressing
- New recipes
Develop your repertoire and add excitement to your diet by trying at least one new recipe each week.
- Write daily in your notebook
Journal what you ate and drank today. Notice how you felt and how the food affected your body.
- Let go of practicing perfectly
Continue travelling on a balanced path of healthy eating without the setbacks and self criticism of your perfect aspirations.
Radiate health, transform your life and enrich your wisdom about natural food and health.
- Natural Kitchen kicks off with a fabulous new year workshop on Saturday 23rd January.
- The Healthy New Year course begins 26th January and will develop your repertoire of essential dishes to secure your healthy eating.
- The professional Pure Cook’s Training Ecourse trains you over 7 modules to style plant cuisine into fabulous dishes, while integrating your learning for greater nourishment for yourself and others. Begins 30th January. Enrol today.